Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I Want To Suck Your Blood

Welcome to my day to discuss a halloween theme during our Spook-tastic Bookish Halloween! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and being a para-lover, it's no wonder I love Halloween so much! :] Instead of talking all about Halloween and paranormal creatures, we have each decided to write about one type of paranormal and talk about them and all the fun stuff! Today we will be talking about VAMPIRES :] I hope you enjoy!

Dracula:
I'm pretty sure we're all aware of what basically started this whole vampire theme which was Bram Stoker's gothic horror novel, Dracula. Let it be known though, that Stoker didn't invent the vampire, he merely just defined the modern form of the vampire. Also, be aware that Dracula was not the first vampire novel, even though it probably is the most widely known. It's interesting to note that Bram Stoker spent about 7 years researching European Folklore and stories of vampires before creating his hit novel, Dracula. I actually am really intrigued on looking up the folklore that inspired Bram in creating the amazing novel. It sounds really interesting! There have been many movie adaptations of Dracula, but I am very interested in the new TV show, Dracula, starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers! Who else will be watching that this fall. (In case you didn't know, Fridays on NBC at 10/9c starting Oct 25th, yea can you tell I'm excited?)

Eric Northman:
Mmmmmm, Eric Northman of HBO's hit, True Blood. He is probably one of my favorite vampires ever. I mean, look at him! Who wouldn't fall in love? :] I have yet to actually read the Sookie Stackhouse novels, but I own about half of them. I should probably read the series. I hear it's totally different. I only hope that I will still love Eric in the books like I do the show.

The Salvatore Brothers:
I was only going to pick Damon Salvatore, but then I remembered that when I read the four volumes of the series years and years ago, I really liked Stefan. In the show, I DO NOT! I am a hardcore Team Damon fan. You can ask my cousin or my boyfriend because when we watch The Vampire Diaries, I yell at the TV because I think Stefan is a "pussy bitch." Yes, I get a little vulgar on Thursday nights :P But he is. The show depicts him as the brother who pretended to be good and Damon as the brother who pretended to be evil. Man, just talking about this, I want to reread the series. It's been too long.
haha, sorry, I needed a solo picture of that sexy, sexy man! :]

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little discussion post of my favorite vampires. Which ones are your favorite! I'd love to know who and why! So join in on the conversation and let me know!

Blog Twitter Facebook Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...